Vanguard Charitable has released information about its 2010 donor advised fund activity that indicates strong growth despite a 9 percent decrease in total contributions:
- The number of grants made to charities through their donor advised funds grew by 50 percent
- The average grant award increased by 35 percent
- The fund saw a 77 percent increase in the number of new DAF accounts created
- Thirty percent of the fund’s existing DAF account holders made additional gifts to their accounts
- The fund reports a 75 percent increase in gifts of appreciated stock and a 46% increase in gifts of appreciated mutual funds
The number of donor advised funds has been growing over the past several years, and if Vanguard’s results are typical, this news indicates a continued interest in using these vehicles to support charities. Our clients should be paying more attention to identifying donors and prospects with DAF accounts and cultivating them accordingly.
You can get the full report here
Like this post? Why not share it?Tweet
About the Author
Dana Van Nest
Dana is Collins’ go-to person for connecting with potential clients, overseeing all our communications strategies, and maintaining strong relationships with professional associations and industry colleagues.