Our friends at the Historic Flight Foundation have a job opening for a Development Associate. We’ve had the pleasure of working with Lucia and John over the past year and encourage you to check out this brand new position.
Fund Development Associate — Historic Flight Foundation; Mukilteo, WA
The Historic Flight Foundation is a Northwest grassroots nonprofit institution built on the passion of aviation visionary and pilot John T. Sessions, Chief Executive Officer; established in 2005 with the intent to collect, restore and share significant aircraft from the period between the solo Atlantic crossing of Charles Lindberg and the first test flight of the Boeing 707, (1927-1957); early in 2010, the collection will be open to the general public and the primary focus will be to plan for a permanent facility to share the collection, maintain the aircraft for flight, and restore additional aircraft.
The Development Associate at Historic Flight Foundation assists in developing and managing foundation and corporate grants, direct mail programs, special events, newsletters and major gift programs. Solicits, accepts and acknowledges all collectible donations (gift or grant funds) made to the agency from donors, members or organizations. Work involves mass communications and personal contact.
The Associate administers all ongoing correspondence with individual donors, and has primary responsibility for maintaining the donor and mailing databases, inputting and retrieving donation data and ensuring the accuracy of the database. Generates, maintains and reports on donation records and provides administrative support.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ or more years of work experience in a development program
- Strong proficiency in office and database programs. Experience in fundraising donor tracking software strongly desirable
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented, possess strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing priorities in a complex and fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team setting and willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision is also required
- Occasional participation in evening and weekend community events would also be expected
Like this post? Why not share it?Tweet
About the Author
Dana Van Nest
Dana is Collins’ go-to person for connecting with potential clients, overseeing all our communications strategies, and maintaining strong relationships with professional associations and industry colleagues.