Know of anyone who might be a great fit for a Development Director position at this dynamic organization? If so, read below (and feel free to forward!).
SEATTLE YOUTH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRAS: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
- The Development Director is a key member of SYSO’s management team, and is the principal fundraising strategist for all of SYSO’s development activities.
- This is a full-time exempt position with competitive salary and excellent benefits including four weeks of paid vacation, health, vision and dental coverage and the opportunity to contribute to a 403(b) retirement plan.
The Director of Development is responsible for:
- Oversight of all aspects of the development program, including personnel, budgeting, evaluating and reviewing development efforts.
- Direction and leadership to the Board regarding the Board’s role in development.
- Strategic oversight and implementation of all development initiatives in collaboration with the Board, volunteers and staff.
- Strategies for identifying, cultivating and soliciting major and planned gifts.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Manages all aspects of fundraising programs.
- Prepares annual development plan and associated operating budget for implementation and attainment of annual goal of approximately $500,000.
- Oversees coordination of strategies for all development programs.
- Provides necessary support and assistance to the Executive Director, Board members, staff and community members raising funds, and insures coordination of efforts.
- Works closely with Board of Directors and Development Committee, and has direct contact with the chair of Development Committee.
- Actively develops prospects and seeks support throughout the community in conjunction with the development plan. Acts as a representative of the organization and serves as public speaker at events as needed.
- Maintains awareness of activity of state and local governments affecting the nonprofit community. Acts as liaison to these agencies.
- Lead, manage, mentor and evaluate a two person Development team including a grants manager and data coordinator, overseeing the responsibility for foundation, corporate, and government funding proposals and maintaining constituent database, executing gift acknowledgements and reports for board and meetings.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to serve the organization’s donors and board members and to support stewardship strategies for top donors.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director, communications director and staff to ensure integrated marketing and development activities and develop fundraising materials that enhance SYSO image and promote its fundraising activities to donor community.
- Oversee the planning of fundraising events such as the Gala brunch, Musicales, School partnership events, Marrowstone Mingler, and alumni gatherings and provide direction and oversight to ensure maximum financial and institutional results from such efforts.
- Engage potential contributors in SYSO’s plans, goals, dreams and initiatives and encourage them to establish or contribute to special funds through endowments, trusts, bequests, or other planned giving vehicles.
- A passion for SYSO mission.
- Capacity for strategic thinking and planning.
- Proven track record as a successful fundraiser.
- Experience recruiting, training, managing and motivating volunteers.
- Proven experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Knowledge of fundraising data base systems.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to lead and create innovative approaches to involve the board, alumni, and donor community.
- A can-do attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A sense of humor and a proven ability to operate within a fast paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in fundraising management. Major Gift experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree plus advanced business and/or fundraising training. CFRE desirable.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Like this post? Why not share it?Tweet
About the Author
Blair translates her off-air talents as a theatrical stage manager into project management at Collins, where she helps keep her clients and co-workers focused on the finish line.